What is ESG?
Environmental, social, and governance criteria are used as a framework by organisations to evaluate their success in these areas, as well as manage risk and capture opportunities. The key objectives of ESG go beyond making short term profit, aiming to create positive social and environmental outcomes, and long-term sustainability. Businesses are under increasing external pressures from socially responsible investors to make ESG related disclosures, and all types of investors are more regularly considering ESG integration as standard in the investment process.
How Comply Direct can help
- Complete a materiality assessment for your business to understand the key impacts and identify which factors you should include in your ESG assessment
- Conduct interviews with key staff/employee surveys to understand what is currently in place and where the gaps are
- Data collection and analysis on environmental, social, and governance factors
- Produce a report with findings and recommendations for improvements in all ESG areas
Start small with what matters most to you – an affordable ESG solution
A pick ‘n’ mix approach…
Our flexible ESG offering enables you to choose the ESG factors most relevant to your business and create your own timeline, so you can start small and take advantage of low initial costs to begin your ESG roadmap. We can create a cost proposal at each stage, rather than one encompassing cost upfront.
We understand that businesses are facing increasing financial burdens in the current climate so we realise that whilst a full ESG roadmap offers exciting opportunities beyond making short-term profit, and pressure from investors and customers certainly isn’t going anywhere, it may seem like a daunting time to take on a full ESG project and pack the costs into one financial year’s budget.
More and more businesses are taking this opportunity, and if, like many others, you are challenged by wanting to do the right thing and boost your long-term reputation, but also restricted by rising prices and market uncertainty, our service allows you to work efficiently for your business whilst also taking advantage of creating positive social and environmental change.
An introduction to ESG from our Sustainability Coordinator, Susanna Jackson:
Let’s break each area down…
Environmental criteria address a company’s environmental impact and environmental stewardship.
- Energy use
- Water use
- Waste management
- Carbon emissions
- Biodiversity and land use
Social criteria evaluate how a company manages relationships with and creates value for stakeholders.
- Health and safety
- Diversity and equality
- Human capital development
- Community relations
- Data privacy
- Supply chain
Governance criteria address company leadership and management philosophy, practices, policies, internal controls and shareholder rights.
- Business ethics
- Board composition
- Risk management
- Stakeholder centric engagement
Benefits of completing an ESG review
- Provides valuable information to stakeholders
- Reduces natural resource and operational costs
- Boosts employee productivity
- Improves company reputation
- Identifies immediate and long-term risks
- Exposes unmet needs for new products/services or unserved customer bases
Get in touch with our expert team for further advice and a no-obligation proposal outlining how Comply Direct can support your business’ specific ESG requirements – you can email email@example.com or call 01756 794 951
We support and empower organisations to achieve their sustainability obligations and aspirations, and in alignment, we're proud to be a business for good on our journey to B Corp certification. As part of this, we aspire to harness the power of the businesses we proudly work with to positively impact our planet. Read more about our B Corp journey here