Comply Direct obtains certification to ISO 14001: 2015
Comply Direct is the first UK major environmental compliance scheme to successfully make the transition to the new ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard. ISO 14001 is one of the world’s most widely used environmental management standards. The standard is designed to help organisations manage the impact of their operations on the environment.
Comply Direct had been certified to ISO 14001:2004 for many years but was keen to become certified to this revised 2015 version that better reflects the current marketplace and latest trends in environmental management. Companies holding the 2004 standard have been given until September 2018 to make the transition to the new version of the standard.
With its strong environmental credentials, Comply Direct were keen to move to this new standard as soon as feasibly possible. Managing Director, Gareth Roberts, is passionate about utilising such ISO standards alongside numerous other certifications, to improve the ongoing performance of Comply Direct. In terms of ISO, Comply Direct currently have certifications to the ISO 9001 Quality standard, the ISO 22301 Business Continuity standard as well as this ISO 14001 standard. Gareth commented,
“We are proud to be a leading environmental producer compliance scheme and the first in our sector to have become accredited to the new ISO 14001:2015 standard. Sustainability is high priority within Comply Direct and it is a way of thinking that we incorporate into all that we do to ensure we have a sustainable and therefore successful future. We have an excellent and passionate team at Comply Direct and we can add real value to other companies who are also looking to put the environment towards the top of their agenda.”
Benefits of ISO 14001
- Streamlining environmental processes, reducing waste and the carbon footprint of your business
- Reducing tax, energy and insurance bills, lowering operating costs
- Reducing the risk of prosecution due to environmental breaches or failure to comply with the law and the associated bad PR
- Providing your business with the credentials to satisfy growing market demand and open up global business opportunities with a recognised mark of environmental efficiency
- Giving clients and those in your supply chain absolute confidence that your business will add value and support them in their own environmental policies
ISO 14001: 2015 – What’s new?
- Risk based approach
- Greater focus on leadership
- Introduction of lifecycle approach to goods and services
- Introduction of new clauses (e.g. Context of the Organisation)
- Increased focus on communication
- Improvements in environmental performance measured and reported
- New high level structure aligned with ISO 9001 and other standards
Let us help you… Comply Direct offer consultancy on all aspects of ISO 14001, including the transition to the 2015 standard. We know there’s lots of consultants out there, so what makes Comply Direct different?
- Friendly, flexible, supportive and bespoke approach
- We ensure you don’t get bogged down in jargon
- Efficient methodology
- Fixed fee
- Practice what we preach – we are proud to be BSI ISO 14001:2015 certified
- Benefit of a team of Environmental compliance experts
- Outstanding customer service
What our customers say…
'Totally satisfied. Everything was presented in a logical, easy to understand way'
Treves, Comply Direct IS0 14001 customer
If you would like to talk to our sustainability experts please contact us or to find out about our consultancy service including ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 please click here