Today (25 September 2018) we created a joint podcast with our loyal packaging member, British food producer Cranswick PLC, discussing the current and future state of the UK packaging regulations, Cranswick's stance on current industry issues and their environmental commitments
Cranswick PLC have been a packaging member with us since 2008 and Group Environmental Manager at Cranswick, Graeme Tolmie, collaborated with Comply Direct's Policy Researcher Martin Hyde on this packaging focused podcast.
Firstly, we discuss the current UK packaging regulations and Graeme shares Cranswick's views on these, followed by the potential regulatory changes in the future and how these may affect packaging producers. Key themes throughout the rest of the podcast include:
- Modulated fees and how this weaves in with Cranswick's vision moving forward
- Exported waste
- Global plastics issue and the Blue Planet effect
- Circular Economy
- Importance of investment into recycling education for consumers
- The UK Plastics Pact for which Cranswick are a signatory founder - click here to discover more about the Plastics Pact
- Cranswick's plastics pledge and their achievement to date in terms of plastic packaging reduction
Click below to listen to the full podcast! This includes a wealth of information and the sharing of in-depth knowledge, so the approximate listening time is 40 minutes.