What is ESG?
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria are used as a framework by organisations to evaluate their success beyond profit, as well as manage risk and capture opportunities. Businesses are under increasing external pressures to make ESG related disclosures, and investors are more regularly considering ESG factors as standard in the investment process.
An introduction to ESG from our Sustainability Coordinator, Susanna Jackson:
Let’s break each area down…
Environmental criteria address a company’s environmental impact and environmental stewardship.
- Energy use
- Water use
- Waste management
- Carbon emissions
- Biodiversity and land use
Social criteria evaluate how a company manages relationships with and creates value for stakeholders.
- Health and safety
- Diversity and equality
- Human capital development
- Community relations
- Data privacy
- Supply chain
Governance criteria address company leadership and management philosophy, practices, policies, internal controls and shareholder rights.
- Business ethics
- Board composition
- Risk management
- Stakeholder engagement
Benefits of completing an ESG review
- Provides valuable information to stakeholders
- Reduces natural resource and operational costs
- Boosts employee productivity
- Improves company reputation
- Identifies immediate and long-term risks
- Exposes unmet needs for new products/services or unserved customer bases
How Comply Direct can help
- Complete a materiality assessment for your business to understand the key impacts and identify which factors you should include in your assessment
- Conduct interviews with key staff/employee surveys to understand what is currently in place and where the gaps are
- Data collection and analysis on environmental, social, and governance factors
- Produce a report with findings and recommendations for improvements in all ESG areas
Get in touch with our expert team for further advice and a no-obligation proposal outlining how Comply Direct can support your business’ specific ESG requirements – you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01756 794 951